- The types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide us; and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
- We collect offline or through any other means, including from any other website or mobile application operated by GuruZoom or any third-party; or
- You provide to or is collected by any third-party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Platform. These third-parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
At any given time, we may collect several types of information from and about users of our Platform, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, IP or physical address, email address, phone number, or any other identifier that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact or locate you (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform and other usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically when you access or use the Platform; and/or
- From third-parties, such as vendors or business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Platform may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Platform, including, but not limited to, information you provide at the time you create an account, sign up for newsletters, post any materials, and/or at the time you contact us;
- Records and copies of your correspondence with us;
- Your responses to surveys or questions that we might pose or ask you to complete; and
- Limited details of any transactions you may carry out through third-party payments system on our Platform.
You also may provide information to be posted on public areas of the Platform, or transmitted to other users of the Platform or third-parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on the Platform and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may monitor certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Platform with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you access and use the Platform, we may use technology to automatically collect information to improve our Platform and to deliver a better and more personalized service, which may include:
- Location data;
- Length of time you visit our Platform;
- Page views, click-stream information, and referring URL and logs;
- The resources and devices that you access and use on or through the Platform; and/or
- Information about your device and internet connection, such as the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, and network information.
The Platform also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. Any such information which we may collect through automatic technological means will be aggregated as statistical data and will not include personal information (or will have personal identifiers removed).
Technologies Used for Information Collection and Tracking
We may use one or more technologies to accomplish automatic information collection on our website or through our Platform, examples of which are found below.
- Cookies (or browser/mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your device. Cookies are a way to carry information from one session on a Platform to another, or between sessions on related Platforms, without having to burden a server machine with large quantities of data storage.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Platform may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Platform.
- Web Beacons and Other Technologies. Pages of our Platform and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Platform statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Platform content and verifying system and server integrity). The information we may obtain in this manner would enable us to customize the Platform and to measure the overall effectiveness of the Platform.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information to:
- Present our Platform and its contents to you;
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns;
- Maintain information about your preferences and customize the Platform;
- Recognize you when you return to our Platform;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information and/or for which you provide consent (such as sending you emails or newsletters);
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; and/or
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Platform.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction. In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our affiliates, contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business operations;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of GuruZoom’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by GuruZoom about our users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it (such as transmitting emails or newsletters to the email address you provided to us for that express reason);
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Except as provided herein, personal information collected through the Platform will not be sold or otherwise disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing purposes.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with options regarding the personal information you provide to us. If you do not want us to collect your information, as described in this Policy, do not use the Platform. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Email and Promotional Offers. When you contact us through certain forms on the Platform, you may be added to our email list to receive email messages. At any time, you can choose to no longer receive such emails by using the “unsubscribe” method found at the bottom of each email or by sending us an email or other correspondence stating your request.
No Collection of Information from Children
Our Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not solicit or knowingly collect any information from visitors under 13 years of age, and please do not use the Platform if you are not yet 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us immediately through the Contact Information Section below.
“Do Not Track” Signals
For residents of California and Delaware, certain statutes, including California Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575 and 6 Del.C. § 1205C, seek disclosure of how the Platform responds to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about their online activities over time and across third-party Platforms or online services. Although it is not clear that the statute applies, we believe that an example might be a browser option allowing you to ask Platforms not to track you across third-party Platforms so that they can serve targeted or behavioral advertising to you. You should not use the Platform if you desire a “do not track” signal, because the Platform may not honor it.
Using the Platform from Outside the United States
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in any public areas of the Platform. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Platform.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform.